Homelessness Was A Blessing In Disguise

Homelessness Was A Blessing In Disguise. 

     Now believe me when I say that sentence I got confused looks and I could understand where the confusion comes from. Let me tell you how I came to know God better than I had ever in the past. Just in a couple months of being homeless.
    For starters let me explain how I felt before I came to see how much God had shown me in two months. I felt angry, I had so much stress my body malfunctioned, I was overwhelmed with fear, I didn't sleep well for months, etc. I was angry at my father because he was the reason behind being homeless, He told our landlord he wasn't going to pay rent so they kicked us out. It was always an overwhelming fear of am I going to ever have to lay my head on a concrete ground. Rest assured I always had a bed to lay on, as we were staying in a hotel with help from extended family.
       it took me around 6 months of being in a home to feel like everything was going to be okay. In these 6 months, I learned that God had been there the entire time. It's not that I thought he wasn't but in all honesty, I was mad that it happened that it drowned out God. God showed me how homelessness allowed me to meet so many people including another homeless lady who was a Christian. It showed me a gateway to get out of a toxic friendship that almost destroyed my relationship with my mom but that's a story for another time. I was able to be in a hotel across the street from friends that I never got to see. It showed me how beautiful sunsets were. It showed me how God never let my family be without a roof over our heads. It gave me a brand new perspective on how God was working in my life that I had never realized. It showed me that a lot of other homeless people weren't as lucky as I was to actually have somewhere warm to be or somewhere to lay their heads. Some didn't even have food or money. the experience made me more grateful for God has given me and gave me an understanding that I needed to pray more for others in worse or the same situations.
     God is putting us through tough times to give us wisdom and a new perspective. If I wasn't homeless I wouldn't of notice the small blessings in life that God was doing. You have to break to be a beacon of light to others. With struggles, you have the new wisdom to give someone else who is struggling with similar situations. If it wasn't for the kindness of others that we met at the hotel we wouldn't have made it through.
     You have to find the light in the darkest of situations in order to find God. God is a light in the darkness and that's my main theme of these blogs. Even the darkest of darks the little bits and pieces of light is God. God sees darkness as light so it gives you the wisdom that you should do the same. If we constantly see the situation at hand and don't see how God can use this situation for good then we're stuck in a pattern of feeling defeated. God doesn't want that for you so why should you let yourself be defeated by darkness. God defeated darkness by sending Satan back to hell where he belongs, how can he not do the same to the darkness inside of your situation! The biggest thing I learned through all of this was to let go and let God!





Light.God is




   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is It So Hard To Be Strong?

Abused But Not Broken

Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover, Love Instead!