Feeling God's Love During Rough Seasons


Feeling God's Love During Rough Seasons. 

      Oftentimes it can be tough to feel God's love when you're going through rough seasons believe me I've been/am still there. Sometimes it can feel like God isn't showing us the love we want to feel. God's love can sometimes be tough love like allowing you to go through difficulty. it can be allowing you to make mistakes because he wants to teach you. A lot of times we know God loves us unconditionally but we don't feel his love. Maybe it's because we're struggling, having low self-esteem, doubting, overwhelmed, etc. it can even be all these and more at once. 
     God wants us to feel his overwhelming love. I like to think that God loves us uniquely rather than equally because God loves different things about everyone. God loves every piece of you, he picked out everything the way it should be. God even died for us so we would receive grace over sin. Yet sometimes the realization of this is still not enough to know how powerful his love is.  
      It can be really difficult if people treat you like crap to feel loved. it can be hard when you lose someone to feel loved. It can be tough when you're going through a storm to feel God's love. Even though we can't always feel it we long for it. We long for our cups to overflowing with Jesus and at rough times it can feel the glass can't get full enough. Also when you're not loving yourself you can't feel other's love as deep including God's. 
       Getting to a healthy relationship with loving who you are despite your imperfections is a tough road to go on. For many, this is a long process to not over criticize yourself. God loves your whole being despite anything you would ever do, but why don't we love ourselves as much as God does? I think it's because we're our own worst enemy when something goes wrong we blame ourselves. We pick out everything we don't like about ourselves. We don't give ourselves grace when we make a mistake, we're stuck not forgiving ourselves either. We look at every imperfection that God sees as perfect and pick ourselves dry. There are so many things that God says you are there are many passages of God telling you how he crafted you perfectly. 
      I struggled for many years with no feeling like I was good enough for anyone and at times I can still slip into those thoughts. A lot of those thoughts came from all the abuse I had from dad and other thoughts came from other rough patches. Many people thought I wasn't good enough because I have disabilities but those don't define me. Like I said it is a process to get to love yourself. The best you can do is ask God to show you why he loves you. 
       I started looking up passages on what God says about you for example Ephesians 2 and 3. I started writing down I am statements. Like for example, I am a child of God, I am loved, etc. I also started writing down the lies Satan would put into my head and wrote down what God says instead to combat the lies. I also started forgiving myself for things that I blamed myself for, for so long. I can't say I always feel God's love, I'm still working on it. I can say I know he loves me, which I wouldn't have been able to say years ago. Just keep pressing into what God knows/say about you. Keep praying for God to bless you with his loving hands on your life. Just Remember God has you, he knows you, and he loves you more than you can comprehend!
       Here is a song called Fragile Heart by Leanna Crawford that I thought goes with this blog. I heard it months ago and love the song. 

As well as this song! You are loved by Stars Go Dim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is It So Hard To Be Strong?

Abused But Not Broken

Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover, Love Instead!